Young children love learning about everything and their “ABCs” are no exception. Your child’s library is probably filled with tons of fun alphabet books that they want to read over and over again. The great thing about helping your child with the alphabet is that it is so easy and inexpensive to do. For these cookie sheet alphabet activities, all you need is a basic cookie sheet and some magnetic letters.
***This post includes Amazon affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.***
Cookie Sheet Alphabet Activities
If you have a cookie sheet and some magnetic letters, you are all set for this activity. These magnetic letters and numbers are 0.9″ to 1.3″ tall and approximately 1″ wide and they fit perfectly. Your basic 9″ x 13″ cookie sheet is really all you need. You’ll see in the photos below that I used a larger one because that is what I had. Just use what you have at home.
Activities That Are Included
- Match the Uppercase Letters
- Match the Lowercase Letters
- Fill in the Missing Uppercase Letters (3 different versions)
- Fill in the Missing Lowercase Letters (3 different versions)
- Sort the Letters by Uppercase and Lowercase
- Sort the the Letters That Are in Your Name and Not in Your Name
What You Will Need
- Printer paper and a printer
- Magnetic letters in uppercase and lowercase
- A 9″ x 13″ (or larger) cookie sheet
How to Use These Alphabet Activities
- Print out the pages that you want to use with your child.
- Choose an activity page and lay it on a cookie sheet.
- Have your child use their magnetic letters to complete the activity.
Examples of the Alphabet Activities
Your child can match uppercase letters or lowercase letters.
There are three different pages for missing uppercase letters and three for missing lowercase letters. Each one gets progressively more difficult with more letters missing.
Finally, your child can sort uppercase and lowercase letters and also sort the letters in their name and not in their name.
To download this printable, simply click on the link below.