Confession time…I am not a fan of housework. In fact, I hate it. Cleaning and decluttering just seems to take up so much time. But if I break up the housework into small chunks, it’s much easier. I mean, ten minutes working on household chores isn’t too awful, right?
***Please note: This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.***
You would be surprised how many of the chores we do on a regular basis really don’t take that long. Cleaning the entire bathroom takes forever. (At least it feels that way to me.) But some of the separate chores involved in cleaning the bathroom are each pretty quick. The same goes for the kitchen and other parts of the home.
20 Household Chores That Only Take Ten Minutes
- Clean the toilet.
- Clean the bathroom sink.
- Clean the bathroom mirror.
- Straighten the closet. Any closet.
- Clean the kitchen sink.
- Wipe the kitchen counter.
- Wipe the kitchen table.
- Empty the dishwasher or wash the dishes. Whichever applies to you.
- Sweep the kitchen floor.
- Take out the trash.
- Purge old food from the refrigerator.
- Purge old food from the freezer.
- Purge old food from the pantry.
- Straighten one room.
- Vacuum one room.
- Dust one room.
- Purge one junk drawer. I’m sure you have several.
- Purge magazines and catalogs.
- Purge the mail pile.
- Fold a basket of laundry.
I know there are more, but these 20 will get you started. If you only have 10 minutes to clean or deal with the clutter, choose one chore from the list and get going. I’ve even made a printable copy of the list to help you out!