Has your child been learning to put words in alphabetical order? Chinese New Year is a very interesting holiday that many children don’t know much about. Help your child learn a few holiday related vocabulary words while practicing ABC order with this free printable Chinese New year alphabetical order activity.
***This post includes Amazon affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.***
Chinese New Year Alphabetical order
This alphabetical order activity is a great way for children to practice alphabetizing words with a fun Chinese New Year theme.
What is included
This printable activity includes 10 Chinese New Year words to alphabetize. The words are also a part of our Chinese New Year word search printable.
- Page one features the unordered list of words on the left and a place on the right to write the words in alphabetical order.
- Page two has all ten words to be cut out, if needed.
What you will need
If you have a computer with a printer, you can create this activity for your child today. Here are some things you will need.
- Printer paper
- Scissors or a small paper cutter to cut out the words on page two
- Something to write with (these washable markers would work great)
How to use the Chinese New Year Alphabetical Order Activity
If your child is comfortable putting words in alphabetical order:
- Print out page one
- Have your child read the words on the left and write them in alphabetical order in the space provided on the right
If your child is still learning to alphabetize words:
- Print out both pages
- Cut apart the words on page two or have your child cut them out
- Have your child take their time and put the word cards in alphabetical order first
- Help your child with alphabetizing, as needed.
- Have your child write the words in alphabetical order in the space provided on the right
How to modify the Chinese New Year Alphabetical order activity
Children first learn to alphabetize by the first letter of a word only. After this, they learn to alphabetize by the second letter, third letter, etc.
There are a few words on the list that have the same first letter and will require your child to look beyond that letter.
If your child is not ready for this, cross out a few words so that each one begins with a different letter. It’s ok if there aren’t ten words. Or you could just add your own Chinese New Year words to replace the ones you eliminate.
To get your copy, simply click on the link below.