After children learn to recognize colors, they are often ready to learn to recognize color words. Easy activities, like color word puzzles or a color word memory game, can make learning more fun. If you would also like to work on fine motor skills, go ahead and grab these free printable color word clip cards.
***This post includes Amazon affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.***
Color Word Clip Cards
These clip cards can help your child recognize color words while working on fine motor skills.
What Is Included
These printable clip cards include two cards for each color. One set of cards has the color word printed in that color, with three pictures below. The other set of cards has the color word printed in black, with the same three pictures below. The colors included are:
What You Will Need
If you have a computer with a printer, you can easily make these clip cards for your child today. Here are some things you will need and a few additional suggestions.
- Printer paper
- If you would like to make the cards a little sturdier, you could use card stock paper
- If you would like to cut the cards out faster, you could use a small paper cutter
- If you would like to make them really sturdy so they will last longer, you could laminate them using laminating pouches and a laminator
- Clothes pins or paper clips
How to Use the Color Word Clip Cards
You have very little to prepare in order for your child to be able to use the clip cards.
- Print out the clip cards.
- If you are only working on a few color words with your child, just print out those pages.
- Cut out the clip cards for whatever colors you are working on.
- Have your child use a clothes pin or paper clip to “clip” the picture that matches that color word.
- You can use either the cards with the words in color (easier) or the cards with the words in black (harder).
- The clothes pins in the photo below are colored, but that is purely coincidence. Any clothes pins will work!
How to Store the Color Word Clip Cards
Once you have gone to the trouble of assembling this activity, you are not going to want to lose the pieces. You could store them in a Ziploc type bag or you could store them in an index card or photo storage case like this one. I love how you can organize so many different games!
To download this printable, simply click on the link below.