Young children love learning all about colors. Fun color books can help them learn the colors of the objects in their world. Preschoolers and older children can even learn to read the names of the colors as they learn to recognize sight words. You can make this a little more fun with these free printable color word flash cards in two different sizes.
***This post includes affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.***
Color Word Flash Cards
This set of free printable color word flash cards would be a great way to help your child recognize colors and color words.
What Is Included
This set of printable flash cards includes cards with pictures for 11 basic colors:
The set includes two different sizes that you can use in different ways.
- A set of full 8.5 x 11 inch page for each of the colors.
- A set of 1/4 size flash cards (approximately 4 x 5 inches), with four to a page.
What You Will Need
If you have a computer with a printer, you can create these flash cards for your child today. Here are some things you will need and a few additional suggestions.
- Printer paper
- If you would like to make the flash cards a little sturdier, you could use card stock paper
- If you would like to cut the cards out faster, you could use a small paper cutter
- If you would like to make them really sturdy so they will last longer, you could laminate them using laminating pouches and a laminator
How to Use the Color Word Flash Cards
With two different sizes, there are lots of different ways that you and your child can use these color word flash cards.
- Hang the full-sized cards on a wall where your child can see them throughout the day.
- Preschoolers and younger, non-readers can practice color identification using either size.
- Children who are just learning to read can use the smaller flash cards to help them recognize color words.
- Use either size to create a color scavenger hunt in your home.
How to Store the Flash Cards
Once you’ve gone through the trouble of printing out these colorful flash cards, you’re not going to want to lose them. You could keep the full-size cards in plastic bins and the 1/4 size cards would fit perfectly in small plastic cases.
To download this printable, simply click on the link below.