Has your child been learning to recognize color words? Word searches are a great way for kids to practice recognizing words on any topic. This free printable colors word search would be easy and helpful for kids of all ages.
***This post includes Amazon affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.***
Colors Word Search
This word search contains eleven common color words. The words can be found horizontally, vertically, and diagonally, plus they can be forwards or backwards.
Ways to Use This Word Search
- Have your child circle or underline the words as they find them. Use a pencil, colored pencil, crayon, or marker.
- If it’s easier for your child, he or she can use a highlighter or pale marker to highlight the words instead.
- Another option would be to have your child dot each letter in the word with a bingo dauber. They are always lots of fun for kids!
What You Will Need
- Printer Paper and a Printer
- Pencils, Crayons, Markers, etc.
What Else You Might Need
If you would like to print out the word search and reuse it multiple times, you could use a laminator and laminating pouches. Here are some more options to make this free printable back to school word search more fun:
Resources to Go Along with the Colors Word Search
You can use this word search together with other resources to help your child learn even more about the colors around them.
Books About Colors
You can find tons of books listed in our colors books for kids post. But here are a few more for you.
Colors by John J. Reiss
Swatch: The Girl Who Loved Color by Julia Denos
Practice differentiating colors with these color sorting mats.
Use LEGO bricks to practice color sorting with this activity from This Little Home of Mine.
This color word memory game can be played a few different ways.
Practice color mixing using coffee filters with this easy activity from Messy Little Monster.
To download this printable, simply click on the link below.