Word searches are a great way to practice vocabulary words. But did you know that they also make an easy sight word activity? If your child is ready to move on from the pre-primer and primer words, then go ahead and download these first grade sight word word searches.
***This post includes Amazon affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.***
First gRade Sight Word Word Searches
These word searches contain all 41 first grade sight words. There are four word searches, containing ten or eleven words each.
The words can be found horizontally, vertically, and diagonally. Unlike our other themed word searches, the words are only forwards. There are no backwards words.
Ways to Use These Word Searches
- Have your child circle or underline the words as they find them. Use a pencil, colored pencil, crayon, or marker.
- If it’s easier for your child, he or she can use a highlighter or pale marker to highlight the words instead.
- Another option would be to have your child dot each letter in the word with a bingo dauber. They are always lots of fun for kids!
What You Will Need
- Printer Paper and a Printer
- Pencils, Crayons, Markers, etc.
What Else You Might Need
If you would like to print out the word searches and reuse them multiple times, you could use a laminator and laminating pouches. Here are some more options to make these free printable word search more fun:
More First Grade Sight Word Activities
These word searches would go well with some of our other first grade sight word activities.
To download this printable, simply click on the link below.