One of my favorite parts about the Christmas season is all of the cookies. Not only are they yummy, but they are also pretty easy to make, even for people who aren’t natural cooks, like me. I love trying cookie recipes that are a little different and this fruitcake cookie recipe gives you a different taste with every bite!
***This post includes affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.***
Fruitcake Cookie Recipe
I love this cookie recipe! You start with a basic cookie batter, but then you add dried fruit pieces. Whatever fruit pieces you want and as many as you want to add. The more you add, the more unique each cookie will be. Some options include:
Some dried fruit comes in small pieces, such as raisins, blueberries, and cranberries. Others will need to be cut into smaller pieces, like apricots and pineapples.
I hope you enjoy!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups to 2 1/2 dried fruit pieces
- A pinch of powdered sugar
- Combine butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat until creamy.
- Add eggs and blend until smooth.
- Blend in flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, toss dried fruit pieces with a pinch of powdered sugar. (This is important for keeping the pieces from sticking together!)
- Stir dried fruit pieces into batter until evenly distributed.
- Drop on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Remove from cookie sheet to cool.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 9 Pcs Silicone Spatula Set - Rubber Spatulas Silicone Heat Resistant for Non Stick Cookware - Kitchen Utensils for Baking, Mixing, Cooking,Dishwasher Safe Bakeware
- Premium Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls with Lids and Non Slip Bottom (Set of 3) by Fitzroy and Fox, Blue or Red
- Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick 21 x 15-Inch Mega Baking Pan
- 365 Everyday Value, Dates, Pitted, 8 oz
- 365 Everyday Value, Organic Turkish Apricots, 8 oz
- Sunrise Fresh Dried Fruit Company No Sugar Added Dried Dark Sweet Cherries, 16 oz. Bag