Learning to read doesn’t have to be boring. Themed sight word activities can make the process so much more fun. If your child has been learning about sharks, then you can use this shark sight word activity to practice basic sight words.
***This post includes Amazon affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.***
Shark Sight Word Activity
This sight word activity uses a fun shark theme to help your child learn the traditional pre-primer and primer sight words.
What Is Included
This printable includes each of the pre-primer and primer sight words with a fun shark image. They are six to a page.
There are small “bubbles” with each of the letters of the alphabet. (Two or three of each letter.)
Plus there is one ocean themed “mat” where your child can place the pieces.
What You Will Need
If you have a computer with a printer, you can create this activity for your child today. Here are some things you will need and a few additional suggestions.
- Printer paper
- If you would like to make the pieces a little sturdier, you could use card stock paper
- If you would like to cut the pieces out faster, you could use a small paper cutter
- If you would like to make them really sturdy so they will last longer, you could laminate them using laminating pouches and a laminator
How to Use the Shark Sight Word Activity
- Print out the sight words pack that you want to use with your child. The pre-primer word pack and the primer word pack can be printed out separately.
- Cut out the shark words and the bubble letters.
- Have your child choose a shark word (or you choose for them) and place it on the mat.
- Use the bubble letters to spell the word.
- Repeat for as many words as you would like to work on with your child.
How to Store the Shark Sight Word Activity Pieces
Once you have gone to the trouble of assembling this activity, you are not going to want to lose the pieces. You could store them in a Ziploc type bag or you could store them in an index card or photo storage case like this one. I love how you can organize so many different things!
To download this printable, simply click on the links below.