When it comes to the traditional Dolch sight words, the list of nouns isn’t quite as well known. They are still important, however, and should be included in sight word activities for kids. If your child is learning to recognize the words on this list. give these nouns sight word word searches a try.
***This post includes Amazon affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.***
Nouns Sight Word Word Searches
These word searches contain all 95 Dolch nouns sight words. There are six word searches, containing fifteen or sixteen words each.
The words can be found horizontally, vertically, and diagonally. Unlike our other themed word searches, the words are only forwards. There are no backwards words.
Ways to Use These Word Searches
- Have your child circle or underline the words as they find them. Use a pencil, colored pencil, crayon, or marker.
- If it’s easier for your child, he or she can use a highlighter or pale marker to highlight the words instead.
- Another option would be to have your child dot each letter in the word with a bingo dauber. They are always lots of fun for kids!
What You Will Need
- Printer Paper and a Printer
- Pencils, Crayons, Markers, etc.
If you would like to print out the word searches and reuse them multiple times, you could use a laminator and laminating pouches. Then your child could use a dry erase marker or wet erase marker to complete the activity. Here are some more options to make these free printable word search more fun:
More Dolch Nouns Sight Word Activities
These word searches would go well with some of our other nouns sight word activities.
To download this printable, simply click on the link below.