I’ve made no secret of the fact that I hate to cook. But, honestly, it’s mostly main dishes and full meals that I don’t enjoy cooking. I actually don’t mind preparing appetizers, side dishes, and even desserts. It’s probably because there isn’t as much work involved and most people enjoy those yummy things. I absolutely, positively inherited this trait from my mother. So today I’m sharing one of my mom’s favorite easy recipes.
This is one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever found and it’s one of my go-to recipes whenever I need to bring something to a party. It’s always a big hit at summer cookouts.
What my mom loved most about this dessert is that all you really have to do is dump all of the ingredients into a large bowl and stir.
Then just chill it for an hour and you’re ready to go! It really is that easy. You can use fat free cottage cheese and fat free Cool Whip if you would like to reduce the calories and fat content. But I usually choose the full-fat yumminess!
Orange Cottage Cheese Salad
An easy summer salad that makes a perfect dessert.
- 11 ounce can of mandarin oranges (drained)
- 8 ounce can of crushed pineapple (drained)
- 16 ounces of small curd cottage chesse
- 8 ounce container of Cool Whip (thawed)
- 3 ounce package of orange gelatin
- In a large bowl, add cottage cheese, Cool Whip, and package of orange gelatin. Mix well.
- Add drained pineapple and drained mandarin oranges. Mix gently.
- Put in a container, cover, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
So, the next time you need to bring an easy dessert to a party or a cookout, you can have one ready in no time. I hope you like it!