Has your child been working on sight word activities, such as recognizing the words at various levels? Word searches are a fun way to practice this skill. These pre-primer sight word word searches are very easy, with only ten words per page.
***This post includes Amazon affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.***
Pre-Primer Sight Word Word Searches
These word searches contain all 40 pre-primer sight words. There are four word searches, containing ten words each.
The words can be found horizontally, vertically, and diagonally. Unlike our other themed word searches, the words are only forwards. There are no backwards words.
Special note…The first page includes the words “I” and “a”. Because they are both only one letter, they will be found several times.
Ways to Use These Word Searches
- Have your child circle or underline the words as they find them. Use a pencil, colored pencil, crayon, or marker.
- If it’s easier for your child, he or she can use a highlighter or pale marker to highlight the words instead.
- Another option would be to have your child dot each letter in the word with a bingo dauber. They are always lots of fun for kids!
What You Will Need
- Printer Paper and a Printer
- Pencils, Crayons, Markers, etc.
What Else You Might Need
If you would like to print out the word searches and reuse them multiple times, you could use a laminator and laminating pouches. Here are some more options to make these free printable word search more fun:
More Pre-Primer Sight Word Activities
These word searches would go well with some of our other pre-primer sight word activities.
To download this printable, simply click on the link below.