As your child becomes a more proficient reader, they can learn more and more difficult words. The Dolch word lists have been used by teachers for decades. Simple sight word activities are a great way to practice. These free printable primer Dolch sight word activity sheets can be used by your child in several different ways.
***This post includes Amazon affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.***
Primer Dolch Sight Word Activity Sheets
This printable pack includes one sheet of simple activities for each of the 52 Dolch primer words. The activities are:
- Read the word
- Color the word
- Trace the word
- Write the word
What You Will Need
How to Use the Sight Word Activity Sheets
This activity requires very little preparation on your part. You can have one ready in a matter of minutes!
- Print out the page or pages that you want to use with your child.
- Make sure your child has any tools that they will need (pencils, crayons, etc.).
- Decide how you want your child to use the activities. (Take a look at the options below.)
Your child can do all four activities for one word. This way your child is focusing on one particular sight word that you want them to learn.
Or you can choose one activity for your child to do with several words. Just cut along the dotted lines. For example, your child can color a few words of your choosing.
Sight Word Games That Are Easy to Create
Do you have child who likes to play hands-on games while they are learning? Check out some of these fun ideas!
- This OH SNAP! word game from School Time Snippets uses materials you probably already have at home.
- Grab some sticky notes and go on a sight words scavenger hunt with this game from No Time for Flash Cards.
- This shaving cream sight word game from Happy Toddler Playtime is messy, fun, and educational.
How to Download Your Activity Sheets
To download your free printable, just click on the link below.