There are many sight word activities that can help your child recognize words and learn to read. If your child is ready to practice the traditional Dolch primer words, these primer sight word word searches would be an easy activity.
***This post includes Amazon affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.***
Primer Sight Word Word Searches
These word searches contain all 52 primer sight words. There are four word searches, containing thirteen words each.
The words can be found horizontally, vertically, and diagonally. Unlike our other themed word searches, the words are only forwards. There are no backwards words.
Ways to Use These Word Searches
- Have your child circle or underline the words as they find them. Use a pencil, colored pencil, crayon, or marker.
- If it’s easier for your child, he or she can use a highlighter or pale marker to highlight the words instead.
- Another option would be to have your child dot each letter in the word with a bingo dauber. They are always lots of fun for kids!
What You Will Need
- Printer Paper and a Printer
- Pencils, Crayons, Markers, etc.
What Else You Might Need
If you would like to print out the word searches and reuse them multiple times, you could use a laminator and laminating pouches. Here are some more options to make these free printable word search more fun:
More Primer Sight Word Activities
These word searches would go well with some of our other primer sight word activities.
To download this printable, simply click on the link below.