If your child has been working on sight word activities for a while, they may be ready to move onto the second grade Dolch list. There are 46 words included in these second grade Dolch sight word activity sheets
***This post includes Amazon affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.***
Second Grade Dolch Sight Word Activity Sheets
This printable pack includes one sheet of simple activities for each of the 46 Dolch second grade words. Unlike the pre-primer sight word activity sheets and the primer sight word activity sheets, this set only includes three activities. The activities are:
- Read the word
- Trace the word
- Write the word
What You Will Need
How to Use the Sight Word Activity Sheets
This activity requires very little preparation on your part. You can have one ready in a matter of minutes!
- Print out the page or pages that you want to use with your child.
- Make sure your child has any tools that they will need (pencils, crayons, etc.).
- Decide how you want your child to use the activities.
Your child can do all three activities for one word. This way your child is focusing on one particular sight word that you want them to learn.
Or you can choose one activity for your child to do with several words. Just cut along the lines. For example, your child can trace a few words of your choosing.
Sight Word Games for Active learners
Do you have child who likes to move while they are learning? Check out some of these fun games!
- Practice learning to read sight words using sidewalk chalk with this easy activity from The Educator’s Spin On It.
- This sight word soccer game from Coffee Cups and Crayons would be a great way for your child to be active while learning to read.
- If the weather is nice outside, try this puddle jumping sight word game from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
How to Download Your Activity Sheets
To download your free printable, just click on the link below.