Is your child learning to read? Sight words are so important to learn and sight word activities can help. If your child has progressed beyond the second grade words, these third grade Dolch sight word activity sheets might come in handy.
***This post includes Amazon affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.***
Third Grade Dolch Sight Word Activity Sheets
This printable pack includes one sheet of simple activities for each of the 41 Dolch third grade words. Unlike the pre-primer sight word activity sheets and the primer sight word activity sheets, this set only includes three activities. The activities are:
- Read the word
- Trace the word
- Write the word
What You Will Need
How to Use the Sight Word Activity Sheets
This activity requires very little preparation on your part. You can have one ready in a matter of minutes!
- Print out the page or pages that you want to use with your child.
- Make sure your child has any tools that they will need (pencils, crayons, etc.).
- Decide how you want your child to use the activities.
Your child can do all three activities for one word. This way your child is focusing on one particular sight word that you want them to learn.
Or you can choose one activity for your child to do with several words. Just cut along the dotted lines. For example, your child can trace a few words of your choosing.
Sight Word Games That You Can Play Outside
Does your child love to be outdoors? You can combine that love with some learning with these fun activities.
- Grab some sidewalk chalk and some water balloons and give this sight word outside activity from No Time for Flash Cards a try.
- Coffee Cups and Crayons shares a fun fire house practice game that would work perfectly with sight words.
- Get some of that energy out while learning with this frog hop sight word game from Fun Learning for Kids.
How to Download Your Activity Sheets
To download your free printable, just click on the link below.