Valentine’s Day can be lots of fun for children. They appreciate the simple concept on which this holiday is built, even if adults have lost sight of that over the years.
There are plenty of Valentine’s Day books for kids to help you and your child celebrate. So, whether you have a child who enjoys picture books or chapter books, I hope you can find something fun to read!
Valentine’s Day Books for Kids of All Ages
The list below includes Amazon affiliate links for your convenience. Just click on the link to learn more about the book. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
Valentine’s Day Picture Books
Fans of the series will enjoy reading Pete the Cat: Valentine’s Day is Cool by James and Kimberly Dean. This fun book even comes with a poster, punch-out Valentine’s Day cards, and stickers.
In Pinkalicious: Pink of Hearts by Victoria Kann, Pinkalicious celebrates one of her favorite holidays with readers.
Will Gilbert regret the not-so-nice Valentine’s he made in Roses are Pink, Your Feet Really Stink by Diane deGroat?
Join Jasper the Bunny on his Valentine’s Day adventure in Snowy Valentine by Petersen.
In the Eve Bunting classic, The Valentine Bears, readers can join Mr. and Mrs. Bear as they try to celebrate Valentine’s Day for the first time.
Fans of this hilarious series by Lucille Colandro will love reading There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Rose. What will she swallow next?
In the new series by Herman Parish, fans of Amelia Bedelia can read all about her childhood. She is as resourceful as ever in Amelia Bedelia’s First Valentine.
“I Spy” books are always lots of fun and I Spy Little Hearts by Jean Marzollo is a beautiful easy “I Spy” book for Valentine’s Day.
Valentine’s Day Chapter Books
It’s Valentine’s Day is a collection of easy-to-read Valentine’s Day themed poems by the amazing Jack Prelutsky.
Fans of the Geronimo Stilton series will enjoy reading about his Valentine’s Day predicament in Valentine’s Day Disaster (Geronimo Stilton #23).
In Junie B. Jones and the Mushy Gushy Valentime (Junie B. Jones #14) by Barbara Park, Junie gets a “valentime” from a secret admirer and she is determined to find out who sent it.
Fans of the Nancy Clancy picture books who are ready for a little something more will love Fancy Nancy: Nancy Clancy, Secret Admirer. It’s the second chapter book in the series from Jane O’Connor and this time Nancy is playing matchmaker.
The My Weird School books by Dan Gutman are always hilarious and My Weird School Special: Oh, Valentine, We’ve Lost Our Minds! is no exception.
Does your child like Mysteries? Well Ron Roy, author of the popular A to Z Mysteries is back with an early chapter book mystery series. Calendar Mysteries #2: February Friend is a fun Valentine’s Day mystery.
Young Nancy Drew and her friends solve a Valentine’s Day mystery and try to save their friendship in Valentine’s Day Secret (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew #12) by Carolyn Keene.
Who doesn’t love a good knock knock joke? Ryan O. Williams has plenty of them in 104 Funny Valentine’s Knock Knock Jokes: Jokes 4 Kids (Volume 5).
More Valentine’s Day Fun
I’ve teamed up with some fabulous friends to bring you even more ideas to make Valentine’s Day 2015 extra special!
- 14 Ways in 14 Days: Tell your kids “I Love You” with the gift of time – Pam has come up with this wonderful idea to inspire you to spend the first 14 days in February showing your children how much they mean to you. And she has even included a FREE set of cards you can use to put this into action!
- 14 Heart-filled Valentine’s Day Activities for Toddlers – Valentine’s Day is a great time to help your toddlers learn all about hearts and love so Clare has put together a collection of fun-filled activities that toddlers (and older kids) will enjoy!
- Kid Made Valentine’s Process Art Canvas – Oh my this art project is gorgeous, and kids of all ages should have fun making this. Anna thinks it would make the perfect Valentine’s Day gift for daddy or grandma – and I agree!
- Awesome Valentines for Boys – Sheila shares pirate, robot, superhero, LEGO, dinosaurs, Minecraft and other valentines.. If your boy isn’t into Valentine’s Day because it’s all pink and full of hearts you might just change his mind with these DIY and printable Valentines they are sure to love.
- Valentine’s Day Science Fun – And let’s finish up with some Valentine’s Day science over at Colleen’s place!