Learning to alphabetize words can be difficult for some children. Having a fun themed activity for them can make it a little more fun. If your child is working on this skill, give this winter alphabetical order free printable a try.
***This post includes affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.***
Winter Alphabetical order
This alphabetical order activity is a great way for children to practice alphabetizing words with a fun winter theme.
What is included
This printable activity includes 10 winter related words to alphabetize. The words are also a part of our winter word search printable.
- Page one features the unordered list of words on the left and a place on the right to write the words in alphabetical order.
- Page two has all ten words to be cut out, if needed.
What you will need
If you have a computer with a printer, you can create this activity for your child today. Here are some things you will need.
- Printer paper
- Scissors or a small paper cutter to cut out the words on page two
- Something to write with (these washable markers would work great)
How to use the Winter Alphabetical Order Activity
If your child is comfortable putting words in alphabetical order:
- Print out page one
- Have your child read the words on the left and write them in alphabetical order in the space provided on the right
If your child is still learning to alphabetize words:
- Print out both pages
- Cut apart the words on page two or have your child cut them out
- Have your child take their time and put the word cards in alphabetical order first
- Help your child with alphabetizing, as needed.
- Have your child write the words in alphabetical order in the space provided on the right
How to modify the Winter Alphabetical order activity
Children first learn to alphabetize by the first letter of a word only. After this, they learn to alphabetize by the second letter, third letter, etc.
There are a few words on the list that have the same first letter and will require your child to look beyond that letter.
If your child is not ready for this, cross out a few words so that each one begins with a different letter. It’s ok if there aren’t ten words. Or you could just add your own winter words to replace the ones you eliminate.
To get your copy, simply click on the link below.